Friday, June 7, 2013

Hell-Mart is on FIRE!

Today starts summer break.  This means  no more shopping after taking the kids to school.

It forces me to reflect on those fun times when we had bad experiences at the store.

So, this is my Wal-Mart story folks as embarrassing as it is, I look back and have to laugh.

I went to Hell-Mart (aka Wal-Mart) with the kids and decided to get my 6 year old daughters hair cut (Hey!  screw you....I live in NC.. getting your kids haircut at Wal-Mart is socially acceptable).

So there is my daughter in the chair.  Getting a hair cut.  How adorable.  She was so happy and excited, but,  my 4 year old was being AWFUL.  I'm trying to hold him in my arms and he keeps wiggling his way out to run around and touch things.  Yep.  He was getting on my damn nerves.  Big time.

These are times when I'm thinking a leash is not such a bad idea. 

So... I'm attempting to hold this kid in my arms again and failing miserably when he wiggles out and heads RIGHT to the fire door.  Before I can catch him, he has opened it and set the fire alarm off for the whole store. 

The. Whole. Store.

Remember

The. Whole. Store.

Can you say OMG? ! ?

I would love nothing more at that point to have gotten up and left, but I was in an awkward position because my daughter was in the middle of getting a hair cut.  

I had to suffer this one out.

Look down.  Look at the ceiling.  Twiddle thumbs.  Just DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT with anyone!    

How embarrassing.

One lady called the assistant manager right away, and I vaguely remember an announcement being made that it was a false alarm.  The lady announced that the managers were coming to shut it off.

The lady kept cutting my daughters hair saying, "whew that is loud"  NO shit it's loud.  Someone turn it the off.  Holy shit!

It took forever for the managers to come  over and shut it off.  I kept hearing whispers and seeing looks from people walking by. Yea, so, my kid set off he fire alarm.  And?   As if their kids are perfect!  Psssssshhht.  

Well, most people would have probably left the store after the haircut.  But nope.  Not me. Just call me crazy,  but I figured since it had been a little bit since the alarm was shut off, I was probably safe enough to shop.

Not. 

So shopping I go.  I even go to the OTHER side of the store to check out (people on the hair side knew it was my kid, so of course I am going to avoid that area like the plague).  So I am trying to be slick.   I'm standing in line and I hear two women talking about the fire alarm. . Ugh.  Great.  (start whistling and look at the ceiling) One says, "I hear it was a kid who set it off." The other says, "Wow, I would not be surprised." 

Whose idea was it to go shopping after my kid just set off the fire alarm?    Ugh, I remember thinking "Just let me get out of this store without being pointed out as the lady whose kid just set off the fire alarm for the whole store."  Please.    I swear I will never ever ever stick my finger up (I didn't say which finger) at my kid when he't not looking ever again.

Now that my son is older, I have told him the story and he laughs and laughs.  That's OK little one, laugh away, I shall repay you with a shit ton of embarrassing music when I drop you off  when you start high school (Ice Ice Baby, Friends in Low Places perhaps).

All in all I love the embarrassing moments and wouldn't trade them for anything (I am going to eat those words because I am sure I just jinxed myself)









1 comment:

  1. LOL! That's definitely something one of my little darlings would've done :)

    ReplyDelete