Sunday, May 26, 2013

Who Needs an Air Guitar?

You know those dorks that hear a bad ass song and start playing air guitar?  I say dork, but hell... I have done it once or twice in my lifetime.  Ok damn it.. and I still do.  Happy?

Well... now that its 2013 air guitar seems so... so... 80's.   Know what I mean?  

Now I play the "steering wheel drum".  Yea.... it has a name people.  We all do it.  Riding down the road and a Metallica or Nirvana song comes on and the next thing you know your steering wheel has become the ultimate drum set up in a band.  Some people tap it ever so lightly while others bang the hell out of it.  Either way, its a freaking impulse.  I have to do it.  

I even go as for a doing a mini head bang.  Bang my head ever so slightly while keeping my eyes on the road.  It takes many years of practice.  

I call the "steering wheel drum and mini head banging" process "jamming".   

I am in the process of teaching my daughter how to do "jam".  My protege.  My mini me.  And I have to say.. shes doing a fine job.

Obviously she can't do the steering wheel drum, but shes got the head banging down pretty damn good and I sure love the fact that she begs me to play GNR!  My kids effing ROCK!


No comments:

Post a Comment